MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - January 24, 2005
- VERITAS Software Corporation (Nasdaq: VRTS) today announced that its data protection, high availability and storage management software products were recognized as "Best of the Best" by the readers of Redmond magazine (formerly known as Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine) in its annual survey. VERITAS products were winners and preferred products in the following categories:
- Best Backup System: VERITAS Backup Exec™, winner for the second year in a row, was chosen by readers for its comprehensive, cost effective and certified protection for Microsoft Windows server environments. VERITAS NetBackup™, software, was chosen by readers as their preferred product because it helps simplify the management of data backup and recovery while providing consistent data protection policies across the enterprise.
- Best Storage Management Product: VERITAS Volume Manager (now re-named VERITAS Storage Foundation™, for Windows), winner, provides easy-to-use, on-line storage management tools for heterogeneous storage environments, which help reduce planned and unplanned downtime. VERITAS StorageCentral™, software, was recognized as a preferred product providing automated control of Windows storage allocation, with real-time quotas and file blocking capabilities that help reduce backup times and improve service levels.
- Best Disaster Recovery Product or Service: VERITAS Backup Exec software, winner, helps reduce operational costs in Microsoft Windows environments while also increasing Windows application availability. VERITAS NetBackup software, was selected by readers as a preferred product for its enterprise strength features such as synthetic backups, disk-based data protection, automated disaster recovery and desktop and laptop data protection.
- Best Clustering or Failover Solution: VERITAS Global Cluster Manager (now called Global Cluster Option), named preferred product, monitors and controls globally distributed VERITAS Cluster Server clusters and serves as a critical and proven component for a complete enterprise-level disaster recovery strategy in Windows environments. VERITAS Cluster Server, also named preferred product, helps companies ensure their applications are available while optimizing the use of existing servers and effectively managing a wide range of applications.
"The level of response, and the passion that our readers exhibited in their comments, was fantastic," said Lafe Low, executive editor for Redmond magazine. "Clearly, our readers feel very strongly about the products they use day in and day out. Congratulations to VERITAS Software; it was a tough field with a lot of very great products."
Redmond readers voted for their favorite products in 42 categories. The voting took place during a 10-day period in November. More than 2,000 readers voted for the products that they use to help them get their jobs done. Redmond magazine, an independent monthly publication with a circulation of more than 117,000 qualified subscribers, focuses on Windows technology and Microsoft applications.
About VERITAS Software
VERITAS Software, one of the top 10 largest software companies in the world, is a leading provider of software and services to enable utility computing. In a utility computing model, IT resources are aligned with business needs, and business applications are delivered with optimal performance and availability on a shared computing infrastructure, minimizing hardware and labor costs. VERITAS products and services for data protection, storage & server management, high availability and application performance management are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. More information about VERITAS Software can be found at www.veritas.com
This press release may include estimates and forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the risk that we will not gain market acceptance of our products and services, the risk that we will not be able to maintain the quality of our end-user customer and partnering relationships and the risk that we will not manage our business effectively, that could cause the actual results we achieve to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For more information regarding potential risks, see the "Factors That May Affect Future Results" section of our most recent annual and quarterly report on file with the SEC. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
Copyright © 2005 VERITAS Software Corporation. All rights reserved. VERITAS, the VERITAS Logo, Backup Exec, NetBackup, StorageCentral, and VERITAS Storage Foundation are trademarks or registered trademarks of VERITAS Software Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.