VERITAS Strengthens Commitment to Channel Partners with Opportunity Registration and New Programs for Services, Support and Windows-based Products
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - February 23, 2005 - VERITAS Software Corporation (NASDAQ: VRTS) today introduced its new Opportunity Registration Program for partners in North America. The program will enable VERITAS partners to register prospective software and support sales transactions in order to qualify as the VERITAS solution provider of record. VERITAS also announced new programs making partners eligible to resell VERITAS support and maintenance renewals and offering both new and existing partners opportunities to resell VERITAS' Enterprise solutions for the Microsoft® Windows-platform. The new programs are designed to help drive incremental revenue and business opportunities for VERITAS partners while helping them develop and maintain richer relationships with their customers. Customers will benefit by having improved access to VERITAS best-in-class software products and support services from single partner relationships.
"VERITAS is privileged to work with world-class partners in delivering industry-leading storage management and data protection solutions to customers worldwide," said Art Matin, executive vice president of worldwide sales, VERITAS Software. "These new programs are designed to provide VERITAS partners with new software and services revenue opportunities, while expanding their engagements with customers. Specifically, the new Opportunity Registration Program is a major step in helping to ensure close coordination between VERITAS and our partners through the entire sales cycle. Since initiation of the program on February 1, 2005, partners have already entered nearly 150 opportunities for review."
The Opportunity Registration Program is open to VERITAS Enterprise Authorized Elite and Premier Partners, as well as Windows Authorized Partners. By registering opportunities with VERITAS using a simple form available through VERITAS' Partner Network (http://www.veritas.com/PartnerNetwork/Login.jhtml
), partners can earn financial incentives to improve their selling margin. VERITAS will offer partners an additional pricing enhancement for registered opportunities under this program.
VERITAS partners will also be eligible to offer their customers support and maintenance renewals. VERITAS Enterprise Authorized Elite and Premier Partners who join the renewals program can sell renewals to their customers who designate the partner as their desired source for VERITAS support and maintenance renewals. The renewal program is designed to enable partners to better serve their core customer base and help drive incremental revenue and business opportunities.
"Our customers not only look to us to provide best-in-class products and solutions, but also to provide high quality service and support. It is through service contracts that we maintain solid ongoing relationships with our customers," said Dave Condensa, president and CEO, Helio Solutions. "The new programs from VERITAS offer us new ways to provide our customers with excellent service."
VERITAS' new Windows Authorized Partner Program is designed to provide U.S. resellers that focus on Microsoft Windows environments the opportunity to sell VERITAS' industry-leading, enterprise-class products and support offerings for Windows. Microsoft Large Account Resellers (LAR), Microsoft Gold Certified partners, Citrix Gold or Platinum partners will qualify.
"Working closely with VERITAS throughout the sales process allows us to focus squarely on meeting business requirements and solving problems for our customers," said Kris Rogers, executive vice president of Sales, PCMall. "The opportunity to offer a wider range of VERITAS products and services not only opens up new revenue opportunities, it significantly enhances our flexibility in developing tailored solutions that directly meet our customers' needs."
VERITAS products for data protection, high availability, storage and server automation and application service management included in the Windows Authorized Program:
- NetBackup™ for Windows delivers enterprise data protection for the largest Windows enterprise environments. To help ensure data protection and availability, organizations can leverage enterprise-strength features, such as synthetics, disk-based data protection, automated disaster recovery and desktop and laptop protection.
- Storage Foundation™ for Windows provides easy-to-use, on-line storage management tools for heterogeneous enterprise environments, which helps reduce planned and unplanned downtime. Storage Foundation software provides high data availability, optimized I/O performance and offers freedom of choice in storage hardware investments.
- Volume Replicator for Windows reliably, efficiently and consistently mirrors data to remote locations over any IP network for maximum business continuity. VERITAS Volume Replicator provides an elegant, flexible, storage-independent solution to deliver true disaster recovery when data currency and availability are paramount.
- InDepth™ for SQL Server application service management software provides a complete view of database performance by capturing, measuring and correlating performance metrics from all critical system components. When problems are detected, InDepth for SQL Server software helps pinpoint the cause, identify the most effective course of action and quickly solve the problem to restore peak performance of database dependent applications.
- OpForce™ software provides server lifecycle management capabilities that help enable administrators to build, manage and optimize server infrastructure. OpForce software provides a secure solution for increasing the availability, manageability and performance of servers and software.
For More Information Contact:
Vineeta Durani , Corporate Communications , VERITAS Software
(650) 527-4199 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew McCarthy , Corporate Communications , VERITAS Software
(650) 527-3183 , email@example.com
Tim Harvey , Investor Relations , VERITAS Software
(650) 527-4523 ,
About VERITAS Software VERITAS Software, one of the 10 largest software companies in the world, is a leading provider of software and services to enable utility computing. In a utility computing model, IT resources are aligned with business needs and business applications are delivered with optimal performance and availability on top of shared computing infrastructure, minimizing hardware and labor costs. With 2004 revenue of $2.04 billion, VERITAS delivers products and services for data protection, storage & server management, high availability and application performance management that are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. More information about VERITAS Software can be found at www.veritas.com
This press release may include estimates and forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the risk that our products will not perform as well as expected, the risk that we will not gain market acceptance of our products and services, the risk that we will not be able to maintain the quality of our end-user customer and partnering relationships and the risk that we will not manage our business effectively, that could cause the actual results we achieve to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For more information regarding potential risks, see the "Factors That May Affect Future Results" section of our most recent annual and quarterly report on file with the SEC. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
Copyright© 2005 VERITAS Software Corporation. All rights reserved. VERITAS, the VERITAS Logo, Indepth, NetBackup, OpForce, and VERITAS Storage Foundation are trademarks or registered trademarks of VERITAS Software Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.