More than 120 educational breakout sessions, in-depth tutorials, courses and certification exams will bring attendees one step closer to utility computing
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - April 4, 2005 - VERITAS Software Corporation (Nasdaq: VRTS) today outlined the details of its upcoming eighth annual worldwide user conference, VERITAS VISION™ 2005, April 25-28 at the Moscone West Convention Center in San Francisco, California. Senior executives from VERITAS Software, Symantec Corporation, Sun Microsystems, Inc., Network Appliance, Inc. and Quantum Corporation will address this year's theme, "Destination: Utility" in keynote presentations throughout the week. New to this year's conference are the Community Labs, Government Solutions Pavilion featuring VERITAS’ extensive network of partners who deliver the latest storage software solutions to the public sector, onsite career certification testing and more than 20 Birds of a Feather sessions, which will offer attendees an exclusive opportunity to learn directly from VERITAS experts. In addition, more than 45 exhibitors and partners will showcase their latest storage, application and server management products on the show floor.
Executive Keynotes: Monday, April 25
- Gary Bloom, chairman, president and CEO, VERITAS, will present “Destination: Utility” at 8:30 a.m. PST. Bloom will provide a business update, updates on customer progression toward utility computing and a look into future solutions that will tie information security and information availability together through the proposed merger with Symantec.
- Jonathan Schwartz, president and Chief Operating Officer, Sun Microsystems will present Sun Microsystems vision for “Culture, IT and Opportunity - The Future of Secure Utility Computing” at 2:15 p.m. PST.
Tuesday, April 26
- Daniel Warmenhoven, Chief Executive Officer, Network Appliance will explore the technology trends driving newer, simpler, and more cost-effective solutions and to provide insight into when customers should adopt new technology in “Destination: Enterprise Data Management” at 9:30 a.m. PST.
- Kris Hagerman, Executive Vice President, VERITAS, will present “Destination: Storage and Server Management” at 1:30 p.m. PST.
- Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, VERITAS, will present “Ultimate Makeover: Data Management Edition”, the extreme makeover of JoeCIO’s data management infrastructure, at 5:00 p.m. PST.
Wednesday, April 27
- John Thompson, Chairman and CEO, Symantec, will provide insight into information security and offer a glimpse into “The Next Destination” for the combined company following closing of the merger as it integrates information security with information availability at 9:15 a.m. PST.
- Rick Belluzzo, Chairman and CEO, Quantum, will present “Supporting the Business: The Evolving Data Protection Imperative”, covering data protection trends and the opportunities and challenges they present to IT professionals at 10:00 a.m. PST.
- Mark Bregman, Chief Technology Officer, VERITAS, will present “Destination: Application Management”, demonstrating VERITAS' Application and Service Management software that helps reduce cost and risk in the IT infrastructure at 1:30 p.m. PST.
The VERITAS VISION 2005 conference agenda will also offer attendees a chance to meet and interact directly with VERITAS product innovators. The innovators will be offering their insights and expertise in the following events:
- Technology Breakout Sessions: Hosted by VERITAS executives, customers, product managers, developers and partners, each presentation will feature real-world implementations and customer successes, highlight the latest technology and illustrate the practical application of VERITAS technology within the utility computing model.
- VERITAS “Tech Fest”: VERITAS will host the Blender, an interactive game show inviting mass participation where attendees can go head-to-head with VERITAS product experts in mind-bending games.
About VERITAS Software
VERITAS Software, one of the 10 largest software companies in the world, is a leading provider of software and services to enable utility computing. In a utility computing model, IT resources are aligned with business needs, and business applications are delivered with optimal performance and availability on top of shared computing infrastructure, minimizing hardware and labor costs. With 2004 revenue of $2.04 billion, VERITAS delivers products and services for data protection, storage & server management, high availability and application performance management that are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. More information about VERITAS Software can be found at www.veritas.com
VERITAS VISION 2005
VERITAS VISION™ 2005 is a leading IT conference that brings together thousands of IT professionals from around the world to evaluate the latest storage and server management, data protection and application service management solutions. Attendees will share and discuss best practices with peers, learn tips and tricks from the leading minds in technology and come away with a well-designed strategy to implement utility computing across their enterprises. For more information or to register for the VERITAS VISION 2005 conference April 25-28 at Moscone West, San Francisco, California, please visit: www.veritas.com/vision
This press release may include estimates and forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the risk that we will not gain market acceptance of our products and services, the risk that we will not be able to maintain the quality of our end-user customer and partnering relationships and the risk that we will not manage our business effectively, that could cause the actual results we achieve to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. For more information regarding potential risks, see the "Factors That May Affect Future Results" section of our most recent annual and quarterly report on file with the SEC. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
Copyright © 2005 VERITAS Software Corporation. All rights reserved. VERITAS, the VERITAS Logo, and VERITAS VISION are trademarks or registered trademarks of VERITAS Software Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.