- Symantec wants students to go back to school smarter about online safety issues such as phishing, spyware and viruses. Students can play the Norton Cyber Smackdown game to find out their cybersmarts or go head-to-head with friends to test their cybersavvy IQ - and register to win a $10,000 scholarship.
- The sweepstakes winner will be selected randomly by a panel of Symantec and affiliated judges at the end of the contest.
- Purchase N360v2 and receive $30 off via a mail-in rebate.
- The contest runs June 22, 2008 through September 30, 2008. Residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 14 years of age and older are eligible to participate. No purchase required to participate, and the contest is subject to Official Rules.
Sample Cyber Smackdown Questions:
- True or False? Banks often send emails asking you to update your personal information.
- People in what country are most confident socializing online with someone they don’t know?
- True or False? Children should be taught never to respond to emails or instant messages from anyone they don’t know.
Symantec is a global leader in infrastructure software, enabling businesses and consumers to have confidence in a connected world. The company helps customers protect their infrastructure, information and interactions by delivering software and services that address risks to security, availability, compliance and performance. Headquartered in Cupertino, Calif., Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
+1 (424) 750 7574
+1 (323) 317 9893
TECHNORATI TAGS: Cyber Smackdown, Symantec, Norton 360, Internet security, cybersecurity, information security, online safety