CUPERTINO, Calif. – Jan. 19, 2009 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced the availability of Enterprise Vault 8.0, the newest version of the industry leading email and content archiving platform. Launching in conjunction with the 10-year anniversary of Enterprise Vault, version 8.0 provides customers with the most efficient intelligent archiving platform with more ways than ever to reduce the costs of storing unstructured information such as email, file server and SharePoint content.
Since 1999, Enterprise Vault has been adopted by more than 10,000 organizations globally and each year is recognized by leading analyst firms for its archiving and e-discovery leadership. Enterprise Vault 8.0 continues this tradition offering significant advancements to storage optimization, usability and electronic discovery saving customers up to 60 percent of the costs of storing unstructured information through its archiving technology.
- Industry-Leading Cost Savings: Enterprise Vault 8.0 offers advanced storage reduction using optimized single instance storage. The archive keeps just one copy of individual emails, their attachments, and files no matter how many times the information occurs and regardless of the originating application.
- Accelerated e-Discovery: Leveraging the industry’s first Guided Review feature as part of Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator, users are able to analyze and filter search results to quickly drill down to the most relevant content with a few simple clicks of the mouse, helping to further reduce the costs and risks of e-discovery.
- Ease of Administration: A new Getting Started Wizard lets administrators get Enterprise Vault up and running in minutes, and a new Common Tasks Dashboard simplifies administration by providing quick access to common tasks and operations.
- Available Now: Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 is now available directly from Symantec or through Symantec’s worldwide network of value-added authorized resellers, distributors and systems integrators. For more information, please visit www.symantec.com/business/enterprise-vault.
- “Input from our 10,000 strong customer base helped us see that they were facing more than just email management challenges, they were facing challenges to storing, managing and discovering information from many sources including file systems, instant messaging and SharePoint,” said Simon Jelley, senior director of Symantec Enterprise Vault product management. “With the availability of Enterprise Vault 8.0, customers can achieve complete single instance storage across all of their unstructured information and significantly reduce their storage and discovery costs."
- “In all of our research, customers consistently cite the multitude of benefits delivered by archiving including compliance, more efficient electronic discovery and lower storage costs,” said Brian Babineau, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. “In our opinion, customers should not be deciding on whether to implement archiving; rather they should be determining what solution best helps them retain multiple content types including e-mail, instant messaging and Microsoft SharePoint. With Enterprise Vault 8.0, Symantec continues to innovate on its flexible archiving platform making it easy for customers to implement and reap the many rewards of a comprehensive archiving strategy.”
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.