LAS VEGAS – Symantec Vision – April 14, 2010 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced the 2010 North America Visionary Award winners at Vision 2010, Symantec's user conference. Symantec developed the Visionary awards program to recognize IT thought leaders for their innovative use of technology to develop policies and systems that effectively protect and manage critical business information. Representing a wide range of industries, the 2010 Visionary award winners were recognized throughout the keynote sessions at Vision on Tuesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 14.
Symantec received more than 50 nominations for the Visionary Awards and submissions were evaluated using an objective scoring system covering five categories: organization size, technology innovation, quantified business value, role of Symantec partners and services, and participation in Symantec’s reference activities.
Symantec 2010 Visionary Award Winners:
- IT Leader of the Year Visionary: Brian K. Baker, Vice President of IT and Global Operations and Services, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Security Optimization Visionary B. Nishae Brooks, Systems Administrator II, Office of Technology Services, Lone Star College System
- Data Center Optimization Visionary: Joe Donahue, Storage and Backup Administrator, Maine Medical Center
- Services Optimization Visionary: Steven Mullinax, Manager of IT Systems Management, Alaska Airlines
Quotes and Facts
- “The 2010 Visionary Award winners have proven that technology can be a strategic business enabler—helping their companies maximize efficiency, drive down costs and more effectively deliver services to their customers. We are pleased to recognize these award winners as industry leaders and celebrate the tangible results they have achieved,” said Greg Hughes, group president, Enterprise Product Group, Symantec Corp.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.