MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – April 27, 2010 – Symantec Corp. (Nasdaq: SYMC) today announced its channel strategy and vision, including planned enhancements to the Symantec Partner Program focused on helping partners differentiate their businesses, maximize sales opportunities and accelerate profitability. In 2010, Symantec will offer partners additional opportunities for growth and provide them with solutions to solve customers’ complex business issues. Under the enhanced program, which will go into effect at the end of 2010, Symantec will put an increased focus on driving partner competence in key solutions areas and providing partners with more resources, tools, incentives and sales support.
Differentiating with Specializations
Symantec is enhancing the Symantec Partner Program to put a greater emphasis on rewarding partner capabilities and competence. Specializations, which recognize partners with a proven expertise in a particular area of business, will become the cornerstone of the Symantec Partner Program. Specializations provide partners with the skills and experience required to deliver differentiated service to their customers. Partners achieve Specializations by meeting certain requirements that deepen their knowledge and proficiency in a solution family. Symantec currently offers the following Specializations: Endpoint Management, SMB, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Foundational Enterprise Security and IT Compliance, with more to come in the near future¹.
The Symantec Partner Program will continue with the existing partner levels, which include Registered, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Within the enhanced program, Specializations will become essential to attaining partner levels.
Maximizing Opportunities with New Enablement Resources
As partners achieve Specializations and deepen their expertise in Symantec solutions, Symantec will provide partners with additional resources to help drive their businesses in alignment with the market opportunities that Symantec has identified. Symantec will provide increased channel enablement tools to help partners increase their revenue around Symantec solutions and deliver more value to their customers.
Accelerating Profitability with Tools and Incentives
To recognize partners’ investment and expertise, the Symantec Partner Program will provide exclusive benefits to specialized partners that will help increase their competitive advantage, improve recognition by customers and drive more revenue. Specialized partners will have greater access to Symantec sales and technical resources as well as financial incentives that will help accelerate the sales cycle. In turn, Symantec can bring new customer solutions to market faster with support from qualified partners who have competencies in the respective solution family.
The Symantec Partner Program enhancements will go into effect in late 2010. While Symantec partners will have a transition period to begin the process of achieving Specializations that are relevant to their business, partners can begin to maximize the benefits of the new program structure by achieving Specializations today.
- “Symantec is committed to more deeply integrating partners into our business over the next year. Our goal is to provide partners with the products, programs and incentives to keep them engaged with Symantec. We anticipate our Partner Program enhancements will enable our partners to be more profitable with Symantec solutions, drive growth opportunities and deepen their investment in partnering with Symantec.”
—Randy Cochran, Vice President, North America Channel Sales, Symantec Corp.
- “The vision of Symantec’s global channel program is to offer opportunities for predictable, profitable growth for our partners and enable them to deliver solutions and services that protect customers’ most critical information. As Specializations become central to our program, partners will find even more opportunities to differentiate themselves and deepen their expertise in Symantec solutions and services. Symantec will deliver several new tools and resources over the next few months to help partners maximize sales opportunities and accelerate profitability in the new model.”
—Toni Adams, Vice President, Channel and Alliances Marketing, Symantec Corp.
- “Symantec’s move toward a greater emphasis on Specializations aligns very well to CMT’s mission to be a trusted advisor to each and every client we serve. Our dedication to becoming experts in Symantec solutions and services has helped us differentiate ourselves and provide our customers with high-value solutions that protect and manage their information and systems. Symantec has demonstrated its commitment to partner success and we look forward to increasing our investment in Symantec this year.”
—Kurt Klein, President, CMT Inc.
- “FishNet’s goal is to provide our customers with the highest level of protection for their mission-critical information assets. Going deep with Symantec Enterprise Security and IT compliance. Specializations has helped us build an even stronger team of qualified experts focused on improving compliance and minimizing the risk of data loss, while enhancing their operational efficiency for our customers.
—Gordon Shevlin, Executive Vice President, FishNet Security
- “Symantec’s educational tools and resources play a vital role in helping us provide our customers with relevant solutions to protect and manage their information. With the investment Kanatek has already made in professional services for Symantec solutions, we value their continued investment in the channel and look forward to mutual success in 2010."
— Fred Dimson, Senior Vice President, Sales and Professional Services, Kanatek Technologies Inc.
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
Note to Editors: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products or programs is preliminary and all future release or delivery dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future program plans, or release of the a product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making program participation or product purchasing decisions.
¹ Specializations vary by region.
TECHNORATI TAGS: Channel, Specializations, Partners, VARs, Service Providers