Up to 100%* faster backups
Now with up to 100% faster** backup and deduplication speeds, Backup Exec 2014 helps you backup quicker, reducing your backup windows and saving you time.
Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 Support
Backup Exec 2014 fully supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows server 2012 R2. You can back up and recover Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, at any level, whenever and however you need to.
Granular Recovery for Exchange 2013 and Sharepoint 2013
Backup Exec extends its patented granular recovery technology to include Exchange 2013 / 2013 SP1 and SharePoint 2013 / 2013 SP1.
Superior Visibility into Backup Jobs
Monitor the status of all your backup jobs from one convenient view with the new backup job monitor. In addition, you’ll save time and simplify the creation of backup jobs by backing up and managing multiple servers with a single backup job.
Upgrade to Backup Exec 2014 quickly and easily. Backup Exec maintains Backup Exec 12.5, 2010 and 2012 job policies and settings, so you can enjoy a seamless, worry-free upgrade.
SQL 2014 Support
Backup Exec 2014 adds support for SQL 2014. Recover the entire application or even granular objects in seconds.
- Fast virtual machine snapshots through deep integration with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and VMware’s vStorage APIs for Data Protection (VADP) minimizes CPU, memory, and I/O load performance impacts on the virtual host.
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders and granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds.
- Backup to disk, tape, and cloud.
- Integrated bare-metal, physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) recovery.
- Flexible block-level data deduplication across your entire environment.
- Automatically identify and protect new VMs as they appear so you can be assured your VMs are protected from day one.
- Easy-to-use interface with intelligent dashboards and intuitive wizards provide the visibility you need to quickly track, monitor and manage every backup and recovery job.