Symantec Software Alert for Backup Exec - Multiple Issues
|Article:AL1114|||||Created: 2011-04-19|||||Updated: 2011-04-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/AL1114|
This is to inform you that Symantec Corporation has just issued a Software Alert for multiple Backup Exec issues. There are critical technical issues for:
- Backup Exec 2010 R2
- Backup Exec 2010
- Backup Exec for Windows 12.5
- Backup Exec for Windows 12.0
For a description of each issue, complete details, and our recommendations, please visit the following reference documents:
- The Backup process fails to backup valid directories if a directory level wildcard exclusion using double asterisks (**) is defined either in the backup job properties or the Global Excludes in Backup Exec
- When two or more Oracle Databases are backup up to a Backup Exec Deduplication Storage Folder during the same job the backup set is corrupted and a restore from the backup fails
- An Oracle restore of a backup with software encryption enabled will fail with "An error occurred when attempting to initialize encryption for job"
- Restore of an Oracle control file will fail with 0xe00084ca (The data being read from the media is inconsistent) when backup to disk is selected as the target and the option "Maximum number of backup sets per backup to disk file" is set to 1
This Software Alert was delivered because product quality and responsiveness to customers are consistent Symantec Corporation hallmarks. Any issue that could potentially affect the integrity of data in your environment, no matter how rare, is viewed as extremely serious.
Thank you for choosing Symantec.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/AL1114