Symantec announces the immediate availability of the PCU to the Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite for Windows and UNIX platforms and applications - 11 September 2012
|Article:AL1347|||||Created: 2012-09-11|||||Updated: 2012-09-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/AL1347|
Date: 31st August, 2012
Notification type: PCU
Product: Symantec Control Compliance Suite
Versions: 10.0, and 10.5.1
Operating systems: Multiple
Symantec announces the immediate availability of the PCU to the Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite for Windows and UNIX platforms and applications.
The PCU includes the following content updates and enhancements:
- CCS Standards :
· CIS Windows Server 2003 Legacy Security Settings for Domain Member Servers 2.0
· VMware Hardening Guidelines ESX 4.x
· CIS Benchmark v1.1.2 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 and 5.1
· Security Essentials for AIX 5.x and 6.1
· CIS Security Configuration Benchmark v3.0.0 For Apache HTTP Server 2.2
· CIS Security Benchmark for HP-UX v1.3.1
- Regulatory Content :
· FEDRAMP - Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program – RAM 10.5, 10.0
· RAM Questionnaire for PCI A, B, C & C-VT
· RAM Questionnaire for MAS IBTRM - RAM 10.5, 10.0
- Enhancements :
· New Platform Support : CIS_for_Sybase_v1.1.0
· Other changes :
o Advanced Checks on UNIX platform
o Updated Powershell APIs- CCS 10.5.1 - CCS now allows you to search stale assets based on last date the data was collected and move the assets to a user defined container.
o CCS VM connector configuration now has stronger encryption for enhanced security
Symantec PCU for Windows and UNIX is available for download from the following Web site:
Symantec RAM is available for download from the following Web site:
You may contact the support desk for any issues with the PCU and RAM.
PCU and RAM update is only available to customers who have a current maintenance and support agreement with Symantec for Control Compliance Suite. Your use of the PCU and RAM update will be governed by the terms of your maintenance and support agreement. If you do not have such an agreement, you are not authorized to download or use the PCU and RAM update.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/AL1347