Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component 7.0 SP2 Release Notes
|Article:DOC2156|||||Created: 2010-05-25|||||Updated: 2010-05-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2156|
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component helps facilitate migration to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 through robust software delivery mechanisms that provide detailed reporting, broad deployment views (dashboards), bandwidth throttling, and advanced discovery. This free component can scale for both local and remote endpoints.
This release includes the following functionality:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection client installation tasks.
- Prebuilt upgrade tasks from third-party anti-virus vendors.
- Initiate virus scans from the Symantec Management Platform.
- Automated remediation for Endpoint Protection clients.
- Security dashboard.
- Role-and-scope-based administration.
- Multiple methods of computer discovery including Active Directory.
Features in the Release
Symantec Endpoint Protection Integration Component lets you perform common Symantec Endpoint Protection client management operations from the Symantec Management Console.
Specifically, this service pack adds the following new features:
Support added for removal of following antiviruses and antivirus components:
- McAfee Agent HIPS7.0 and McAfee ePO agent 3.0 and 4.0
- ESET Chinese Simple and ESET Chinese Traditional(This was the known issue for SEPIC 7.0 SP1 , It has been resolved in this release)
- Symantec Antivirus 8.1.1/Symantec Client Firewall 5.1.1
- Trend Micro 7.3 and Trend Micro 8.0(EXE uninstallation , in earlier version of SEPIC i.e. SEPIC 7.0 SP1 MSI uninstallation was supported.)
Inventory support added for following antiviruses
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6000.550 i.e. SEP JASPER RU6 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.0 RU1 i.e. SEP Small Business edition.
- Trend Micro 7.0 and Trend Micro 8.0
This release supports migration from the following list of anti virus software:
- ca (eTrust Threat Management Agent) 8
- ca (eTrust Threat Management Agent) 8.1
- ESET 3.0 Antivirus
- ESET 4.0
- ESET Chinese Simple 4.0/4.2
- ESET Chinese Traditional 4.0/4.2
- ESET NOD32
- F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers 7.12
- F-Secure Anti-virus for Windows Servers 8
- Kaspersky 6.0 Antivirus
- Kaspersky 184.108.40.2062
- Kaspersky 220.127.116.115
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8
- McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5i
- McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i
- McAfee HIPS 7.0
- McAfee ePO agent 4.0
- Sophos Antivirus 7.6
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 7.5
- Sophos Anti-Virus 9.0
- Symantec AntiVirus 8
- Symantec AntiVirus 9
- Symantec AntiVirus 10
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.9.9000
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.2.4
- Symantec Client Firewall 5.1.1
- Trend MICRO OfficeScan 7
- Trend MICRO OfficeScan 7.3
- Trend MICRO OfficeScan 8
- Trend MICRO OfficeScan 10.0
The following are Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus products which can be installed using this version:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.6(SEP JASPER RU6).
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition (SEP 12.0 RU1).
Server system prerequisites and support:
- Symantec Management Platform 7.0. SP4.
- Symantec Management Platform 7.0. SP4 documentation. Symantec Management Platform 7.0. SP4 documentation Language Pack.
- Internet Explorer 7 or 8.
Client system prerequisites and support:
- The target computers must have the Symantec Management Agent 7.0 installed.
- Windows Professional 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 7, Windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (Both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms operating systems are supported).
- Symantec Antivirus, McAfee, Trend Micro Officescan, SEP, CA, F-Secure, Sophos, ESET, Kaspersky.
Things to Know
The following are things to know about this release:
|Thing to know||Article ID|
Creating a Symantec Endpoint Protection client package
You must create a Symantec Endpoint Protection Packages using the client package creation page. The client package creation page is located at:
Note: Creation of packages must be done from the console on the Notification Server computer.
Updating Distribution points
If you change the location of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Client setup.exe file after you create a Symantec Endpoint Protection Client Install package, then you must update the package's distribution points. To update the packages distribution points do the following:
Hierarchy and replication
After you create Hierarchy between Notification Servers to replicate the items, you must replicate the Software Release. To replicate the Software Release you must create and schedule a Resource Replication Rule as follows:
The following are fixed issues worth mentioning in this release:
Old SAV 8.1.1/Symantec Client Firewall 5.1.1 uninstall issue on W2K machines
Trend Micro 7.3 and 8.0 uninstall issue
SEPIC inventory is failing because of Inventory solution.(One SEPIC webpart is failing )
Application fails to delete antivirus packages.
Malformed NSE (unacceptable Date/Time format?)
Why the un-checking of reboot checkboxes in the SEPIC Migration job does not work (at least in the UI)?
It appears that the removal of McAfee VS works well, but sometimes the ePO agent is left behind.
SMP documentation languages is not installed with SMP.
FR-Help- first option link to un-localized page
LOC-JP(CS/CH): Cannot Uninstall ESET-NOD32 Ver4.0, but can install SEP Client, plus they work together on the same machine.
LOC-GCR(CS): When migrate from SET-NOD32 v18.104.22.168 to SEP RU6--> SEP is installed but NOD32 is not uninstalled
LOC-GCR(KN):'Not Available' should be localized on the portal
Antivirus Inventory details-->English text
Cannot migrate from ESET-NOD32 v 22.214.171.124 to Jasper
After Migration is performed, Antivirus package cannot longer be deleted
FR--no messages are displayed when restart checkboxes are unchecked in a migration job
Help related to SEPIC is not localized
LOC-GCR(JP):'Quick Start' should be localized on the portal
LOC-GCR(JP):English text for query mode in antivirus software filters
The following are unresolved issues in this release:
Symantec Endpoint Protection Pre-requisites
SEP will not be installed if the pre-requisites do not match.
Registry entries and folders
A few registry entries and folders will be present even if we uninstall the existing antivirus.
Un-installation and inventory of localized Antivirus software
Currently we are supporting only localized version of Trend and Symantec AntiVirus antivirus software. Inventory of Trend, Symantec AntiVirus and Symantec Endpoint Protection is supported currently.
|Antivirus Inventory may return No Updates for the virus definition version. immediately after the Symantec Endpoint Protection client is installed as the client. Running the Antivirus Inventory task again once the client is initialized will return the accurate virus definition version.|
|Selecting a 32-bit package for installation on 64-bit machine, or selecting a 64-bit package for installation on a 32-bit computer will cause the migration job to fail.|
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2156