Backup Exec Management Plug-in for VMware User's Guide
|Article:DOC4674|||||Created: 2011-09-14|||||Updated: 2011-09-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4674|
The Symantec Backup Exec Management Plug-in for VMware lets Backup Exec Administrators use the vSphere client application to:
- Monitor the backup jobs that run on virtual machines.
- View the backup status of the virtual machines.
- View the details of past backups and future backups.
- Exclude virtual machines from backup jobs.
- Validate the virtual machine backups.
The Symantec Backup Exec Management Plug-in for VMware communicates with the Backup Exec media server to get the information for the virtual machines. Both the VMware vCenter and the ESX host are supported.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4674