How To: Migrate Bootdisk creator drivers from DS 6.9 to DS 7.x
|Article:HOWTO10090|||||Created: 2009-05-04|||||Updated: 2011-04-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10090|
We have several drivers we have added to DS 6.9 to support our hardware with WinPE, and we need to add these into the WinPE installation for Deployment Solution 7.x. How can we do this?
There is currently no GUI supported method of performing this task, though there are plans to expose this feature in later versions. Please watch for release notes on the future products to look for these features.
In the mean time, to migrate these drivers, perform the following.
1) Browse out to the following share on the DS Server
2) Copy all files and folder to the following folder on the NS Server, generally found here:
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\Deployment\bootwiz\Platforms\Winpe2\x86\Drivers\CUSTOM
3) Regenerate the WinPE boot disks by running the NewBDC.bat script as follows (Modified to the location of your NS installation):
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\Deployment\bootwiz\NewBDC.bat "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\
NOTE: There is no trailing double quote character (") at the end of the command. This must be left off
NOTE: If the command returns immediately, then it failed, and should show a reason why it failed. If it is successful this will take 5-10 minutes to complete
4) Reinstall the Boot Folders on the client systems by reinstalling the DS Agent package on clients. To perform this task, in the NS 7 Console, do the following (there are other ways to perform this which can be gathered by reading the "Symantec Management Platform 7.1 User's Guide"):
- Select Manage | Jobs and Tasks
- Right click in any of the folders on this screen (or create a new folder for organizational purposes) and select New | Job or Task
- In the left-pane, scroll down about 4/5 of the way and find Package Delivery under "Software". Select this.
- Type in an appropriate title instead of "Package Delivery" at the top
- On the "Package" drop down and select Deployment Solution Agent Package
- On the "Command Line" drop-down, select Installs the Deployment Agent (if necessary, configure the "Advanced" options now)
- Select OK to complete the wizard and leave yourself back in the console with the job selected.
- On the right-hand pane, you can now either create a scheduled distribution, or do a quick-run.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10090