Status of Remote Desktop Shell
|Article:HOWTO10106|||||Created: 2009-05-07|||||Updated: 2012-01-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10106|
How can I verify if Remote Desktop shell is enabled in Symantec Workspace Corporate (SWC)?
By default all endpoints will have Remote Desktop Shell enabled at the time of install. The only client installation that automatically removes Remote Desktop shell are those installed on a Terminal Server. There are two ways to determine if Remote Desktop shell is enabled, the recommend way is to check the setting while connected to SWC Admin. Both ways are described below.
1) Visual observation of the desktop.
- After entering the user name and password, the word “Connecting…” appears briefly at the lower left corner of the screen.
- After logon the desktop will have an icon labeled “network” if Remote Desktop shell is disabled.
2) SWC Admin
- Logon to the admin console
- Type in the machine name. Remember to change “In:” to workstations and click “Find”.
- Click the workstation name in the results. It is a hyperlink that will take you to the configuration page.
- Look for the check-box to be checked for “Remote Desktop Shell”
- Please follow this link (KB 46989) if you are looking for steps to enable “Remote Desktop Shell”.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10106