Why aren't Application Denial Emails being sent in Application Metering 7?
|Article:HOWTO10523|||||Created: 2009-08-24|||||Updated: 2009-08-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10523|
Why don't I receive an Email when Application Metering denies the use of an Application that I have configured an 'Application Denial Policy' for? (Application Metering 7.x only)
Note the following configuration and troubleshooting information regarding Application Denial Policies and Email using Application Metering:
- When configuring an Application Denial Policy, be sure to enable ALL of the following selections on the 'Options' tab of the policy:
- Either: 'Only Deny running:' or 'Deny from running' must be selected. Emails can only be sent for 'Denial' Policies.
- 'Record usage events:' must be checked. Choose the 'Start and Deny' or 'Deny' selection as well as the frequency: 'Daily' or 'Weekly' from the drop down box.
- Note: Selecting 'Daily' vs. 'Weekly' will affect the frequency at which the emails are sent.
- Choose the 'Send an Email' option under the heading 'If run attempted during deny hours:' heading.
- Verify that the 'Email ID:' field in the Mail Settings configuration window is accurate.
- To test the NS Server Email Configuration: Click the 'Send Test E-Mail' button. Ensure that the email arrives in the appropriate email inbox.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10523