How to setup or change Inbox Monitoring in ServiceDesk post-install?
|Article:HOWTO10668|||||Created: 2009-10-02|||||Updated: 2012-04-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10668|
You need to setup or change your existing Mail Monitoring Service settings post-install of ServiceDesk Server.
To change the Mail Monitoring Service Settings:
- Login to the ServiceDesk Portal as an Administrator.
- Go to Admin > Data > Application Properties.
- Click on the Actions button (red arrow/lightning bolt) to the right of ServiceDeskSettings and select Display Definition Values. This will let you see all of your current settings.
- To change settings click the Actions button and select Edit Values.
- Scroll down to the Category: Mail Monitoring Service section:
- EmailMonitoringServerPort: Enter the port number the mailbox uses. Default port for POP3 is 110 (995 for POP3-SSL) and for IMAP4 is 143 (993 for IMAP-SSL).
- EmailMonitoringServerProtocol: Valid values are POP or IMAP. This may be case sensitive, so please enter as shown.
- EmailMonitoringMailUsingSSL: Check this box if the mail account is using SSL.
- EmailMonitoringMailboxPassword : The password for the account that has access to this Mailbox
- EmailMonitoringMailServer: The name or FQDN of the mail server hosting the mailbox you wish to monitor.
- EmailMonitoringMailBoxUserName: This is the username of the user that has access to the mailbox.
- After making these changes, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click Save.
- In order for the changes to take effect you will need to restart IIS and Logicbase Server Extensions (in 7.0) or Symantec Workflow service (in 7.1).
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10668