How to use Workflow 7.0 with Notification Server 6 solutions
|Article:HOWTO10712|||||Created: 2009-10-09|||||Updated: 2009-10-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10712|
Can Workflow 7.0 projects interact with Notification Server 6 solutions, such as Helpdesk 6.0?
Yes, Workflow 7.0 projects can use Notification Server 6 solutions (Altiris 6), however it will require a Symantec Management Platform 7 server for the solution installation and licensing. The following instructions describe the basics for this. Note: These instructions assume that you are familiar with Symantec Installation Manager, Symantec Management Platform, and Workflow. If you are not, please refer to their respective product documentation located at http://www.altiris.com/Support/Documentation.aspx.
- Install Symantec Management Platform and then the the Symantec Workflow Solution and its license.
- Install Workflow Server/Designer to its own server.
- In Workflow Designer, add a second Plugin to enable the Notification Server 6 components to be able to be used:
- Click on Plugins > Notification Server Credentials.
- Click on the Add button.
- Type the name of the Notification Server 6 server in the Machine Name or IP Address field.
- Type the domain name for the administrator in the Domain field.
- Type the login name for the administrator in the User Name field.
- Type the password for the administrator in the Password field.
- Change the NS Version to "NS6".
- Do not mark this as the Default NS.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Close button.
- Configure a Workflow project in one of the following two ways to use Notification Server 6 components:
- Add a "Create Notification Server Credentials" component and add the Notification Server 6 server credentials into it. (Recommended.)
- Add the Notification Server 6 server credentials directly into specific Notification Server 6 components. (This is not efficient if you are using multiple Notification Server 6 components.)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10712