Writing and editing macros for Windows Installer events.
|Article:HOWTO1121|||||Created: 2005-09-06|||||Updated: 2007-07-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO1121|
How do I write or edit a macro for a Wise for Windows Installer/Wise Installation Studio event?
Note: The Macro Editor is available in Wise for Windows Installer Professional and Wise Installation Studio.
To write a macro for a Wise for Windows Installer event:
- From the Edit menu in Wise for Windows Installer, select Macros. The Macro dialog box appears.
- From the Macro is run drop-down list, select On Windows Installer Event.
- From the Event Name drop-down list, select an event.
- In the Pathname field, choose or create a .wbs file where you want to add your new macro.
a. To add the new macro to a different .wbs file, browse to the file's location.
b. To create a new .wbs file, click the New button, enter a file name, and then click Save.
- Click the Create button. The Wise for Windows Installer Macro Editor window appears.
- Enter your macro in the script box.
- From the Macro Editor File menu, select Save to save your new macro.
- When finished, exit the Macro Editor.
To edit a previously saved Windows Installer Event macro:
- From the Edit menu in Wise for Windows Installer/ Wise Installation Studio, select Macros. The Macro dialog box appears.
- From the Macro is run drop-down select; select On Windows Installer Event.
- Select the macro you want to edit; if the macro is in a file other than the one shown in the Pathname field, use the Browse button to navigate to the file's location.
- Click the Edit button. The Wise for Windows Installer Macro Editor window appears.
- Make your changes.
- From the Macro Editor File menu, select Save to save your changes.
- Exit the Macro Editor.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO1121