Monitor Solution is not alerting as expected
|Article:HOWTO1647|||||Created: 2006-01-16|||||Updated: 2012-10-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO1647|
Diagnosing Monitor Soluton issues
- Ensure the Symantec Management agent and the Monitor agent are up to date.
- Check task manager on the Monitor Agent system in question and verify that AexMetricprov, AexLogUpload and AexAppdetector are all running processes.
- Check the agent installation summary report to verify the agent has been installed.
- Make sure all servers are in the list of targets for the "All Windows Servers" policy and the policy is turned on. (If non-Windows based servers are in question, adjust the settings policy you are looking at)
- Restart the Monitor Solution Agent from Control Panel to verify any errors.
- On the Monitored agent, open "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\<x64 or possibly x86>\Monitor Agent" and check the file Config.xml (depending on the OS of the monitored server, it might be at C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Monitor Agent). If its < 1kb it should be deleted then the service restarted: Stop the AexMetricProv and delete Config.xml and RuleState then restart the service.
- Run debugview with Monitor Solution Debug mode enabled and perform actions that indicates problem with the Agent: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO1647