Proximity sensor is not working properly on SWC 6.1 client machines
|Article:HOWTO21697|||||Created: 2010-03-04|||||Updated: 2012-10-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO21697|
How to troubleshoot functionality issues with a proximity sensor configured to work with SWC 6.1 endpoints?
- User sessions are not locked when user walks away from the terminal.
- SWC logon window is not displayed when user walks to the terminal.
Answer:Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Check the proximity sensors default walk away and walk up keys configuration settings in the GUI of the proximity firmware and make sure the key settings are as follows:
Walk away [Ctrl + End]
Walkup [Ctrl + Home]
- Make sure that values for walk away and walk up keys are same in SWC client and server registry keys as below:
- Un-plug and re-plug the proximity sensor to check if the issue resolves
- Download and install the latest firmware.
If the steps 1-4 do not resolve the issue, then contact the device vendor.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO21697