How to complete Recovery Solution 6.0 server backup
|Article:HOWTO2448|||||Created: 2006-02-22|||||Updated: 2007-10-22|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO2448|
The following steps will guide you through the complete backup procedure of the Recovery Solution 6.0 server:
- Open Control Panel on the server computer and double-click the Services icon. Use the Services MMC snap-in:
- Find the Altiris Recovery Solution Server service and right-click to stop it.
- Stop Server Host Manager Service.
- Close the Services MMC snap-in.
- Open the Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager.
- In the Console tree (usually on the left side), expand the server node in SQL Server Group, and then expand the Databases node. Select AeXCRDatabase.
Note: If this was an upgrade from a previous version, the Recovery Solution database could have a different name.
- In the Details pane, under Backup, select Backup database.
- Under Backup, select Database - complete. Under Destination, click the Add button.
- The Backup Destination dialog will appear. Select File name.
- Specify the full path and file name. Click OK.
Note: You may use the "…" button to locate the path quickly. The path is where the database backup will go.
- Select Overwrite existing media.
- Click OK to start the back up of the AeXCRDatabase.
- After the database backup is complete, back up the following items to media from that will be used to restore data onto the target server.database file created in steps 2–9.
raw storage are \AeXCRData\BLOB*.dat files
Note: There may be multiple storage locations. Make sure to backup BLOBs from all of those.
- Create a registry export to backup the VaultGUID value stored in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\eXpress\Client Recovery] key
Note: Data locations mentioned above specify the default paths and may differ from the actual values if the latter was changed during the initial operating system and/or Recovery Solution setup.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO2448