Does Asset Management or CMDB Solutions support hierarchy and stand-alone replication rules?
|Article:HOWTO26021|||||Created: 2010-04-22|||||Updated: 2013-08-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO26021|
Support for Asset/CMDB Solutions being in a hierarchy or data being sent by stand-alone replication rules depends on which version of the products/Symantec Management Platform is being used.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2 and higher
- Hierarchy: This is supported with conditions: For this to work, Asset/CMDB must only be on the Parent server and Asset/CMDB cannot be on any Child servers.
- Stand-alone-replication rules: These are custom and are not supported. While they will work for reporting only if all needed data is forwarded, other features have not been tested outside of the hierarchy and are not guaranteed to work.
Please Note: It may be desired that Asset/CMDB works on a Child server, or if they are already installed to one, to not have the errors and issues that are occurring happen. This is, however, the way that Asset/CMDB were designed to work and this is not able to be altered. To further describe how this works under the hood, the following information provides a technical explanation of why Asset/CMDB do not support being on a Child server or being used with stand-alone replication rules:
Because of the nature of Asset/CMDB, it is very beneficial to have a single source of information, i.e., the Parent server of a hierarchy. The design is that resources and their data should move up the Hierarchy and Settings, Policies, Security etc., should move down the hierarchy. Asset and Core merging would then be used on one server (the Parent), should the need exist due to duplicates of any kind.
Based on this, a management business decision was made to set the data for the products Data Connector, CMDB Solution and Asset Management Solution as well as many others such as Barcode Solution to be Non-Replicable. If any resource is created through one of these solutions they will not be able to be replicated up or down the hierarchy. This promotes much better data consistency and lessons any chances that data could become corrupt, due to changes done by different users/administrators on the various Child and Parent servers.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 and 7.1 SP1
- Hierarchy: This is not supported, however, Asset/CMDB must still be on the Parent server only, but not in the hierarchy on any Child servers.
- Stand-alone replication rules: These are supported. However, these can only forward inventory to the Asset/CMDB server, not from the Asset/CMDB server.
Symantec Management Platform 7.0
- Hierarchy: This is not supported.
- Stand-alone replication rules. These are not supported.
- Warning: Asset/CMDB 7.0 were not designed to be used in a hierarchy, which is not a supported architecture, or with stand-alone replication rules. Attempting to add them as part of one, whether on the Parent or Child server, will result in unexpected issues.
Each Symantec Management Platform server is capable of handling up to 20,000 active client managed nodes when properly equipped and configured. If less than 20,000 nodes are being managed, hierarchy should not be implemented. Refer to the following article for more information about server hardware configuration:
Altiris™ IT Management Suite 7.1 SP1 from Symantec™ Planning and Implementation Guide
Additional hierarchy information can be found here:
Asset Management Suite in Hierarchy | Symantec Connect Community
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO26021