How can I report on custom metrics which I have created in Monitor Solution 7.x?
The reports provided for Monitor Solution operate off of data collected by Monitor Solution information and Monitor Pack for Servers data. There are no canned reports which run based on custom metrics which have been created by the consumer.
Attached are 3 XML files which can be imported into your Notification Server. 2 reports are comprised of these files which will allow reporting on all available metric data and NT Event data.
- Copy the attached XML files to your Notification Server
- In the Symantec Management Console, access: Reports > All Reports
- Identify a location where you will import these reports to (e.g. Monitoring and Alerting > Monitor)
- Right-click the parent folder, choose New > Folder, specify the desired name of the folder (e.g. Custom), and OK
- Right-click the new folder which you've created and choose Import
- Browse to the location of the saved XML files, choose Metrics.xml, and OK
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for Metric Values by Resource.xml and NT Events by Computer.xml