How to update SecureRecon to v. 5 on Nessus servers
|Article:HOWTO31171|||||Created: 2010-08-11|||||Updated: 2012-07-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31171|
To upgrade your installation of SecureRecon to version 5, follow these steps:
1. Suspend vulnerability scanning in the Risk Automation Suite Portal
2. Log on to the linux server that hosts Nessus.
3. Transfer the new SecureRecon file(s) to the linux server.
4. Run the commands "killall securerecon", "killall nessusd", "killall nessus" to stop the current services.
6. Copy the new SecureRecon files into the /securerecon folder, overwriting the old files.
7. Run the command "chmod 700 securerecon" to set the SecureRecon file permissions to execute mode.
9. Run ./SecureRecon -r <ip or name of portal> <regisration user> <password>
Modify the startsr script to run in the background
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31171