How to migrate a policy from one RAS Portal to another
|Article:HOWTO31204|||||Created: 2010-08-24|||||Updated: 2012-02-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31204|
In the event that your environment has more than one Risk Automation Suite portal or that you simply would like to migrate policies between an old instance of Symantec Risk Automation Suite and a new instance of SRAS.
Below are the steps to follow:
1. First and foremost, backup the database from which you are copying the policy templates from.
2. Go to the SFPolicyEvaluator folder on the source RAS portal server. You can do this by opening up a command prompt and changing directories to the following: C:\<SRAS Install Directory>\SFPolicyEvaluator
3. Type out the following and follow the instructions that follow (the '>' represents the command line prompt).
4. Policy Evaluator will now give you a list and ask for the number of the one you would like to export
5. Step 4 will package up the policy file all up in an xml file. Now you can move the xml files to the SFPolicyEvaluator folder on the new server and run policyevaluator.exe -import <filename>.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31204