How to remotely deploy the Symantec Endpoint Protection client in version 12.0.x.
|Article:HOWTO31247|||||Created: 2010-08-31|||||Updated: 2010-09-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31247|
Login to the Symantec Protection Center :
1 - Select Computer tab.
2 - Click on Add a computer.
3 - The Client Installation Wizard will pop up.
- Select the group which will host the client.
- Select the Protection type to install (Virus & Spyware, Network treat protection).
- Select your preferred installation method (in this case we will select Remote Push installation).
- You are prompted to select all computers to deploy using the Network discovery (Browse Network / Search Network).
- Select your clients and add them to the Install Protection Client's panel.
- It will ask you once the Admin login of the Domain / Workgroup.
- The Client Installation Packages are being sent to the selected machines.
- There will be a log at the end to determine the completion status (Sent or not).
4 - You will then see after your client in the Clients Tab under the group you defined.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO31247