How to Migrate SAV Reporting Server Database to MS SQL from MSDE
|Article:HOWTO32434|||||Created: 2010-09-29|||||Updated: 2010-10-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO32434|
- SAV Reporting Server is Currently installed with MSDE and you want it to migrate to a MS SQL database.
- Backup the database using 'osql' utility.
- Connect to the MSDE instance using the command 'osql -U sa'(If you are not running the OSQL utility on the computer that is hosting MSDE, you can still run OSQL from another computer, and then use the -U command-line switch to specify the server in the connection command. For example: osql -s servername -U sa)
- To perform a full backup run the command 'BACKUP DATABASE Reporting TO DISK = 'C:\MSDE\Backup\Reporting.bak' and enter. Then type 'go' and press enter again.
- Move the back up to a safe location.
- Use control panel to uninstall the reporting server including the database.
- Uninstall the MSDE instance using control panel.
- Install MS SQL(Supported Versions 2000 SP4, 2005 SP2) on the reporting server or install appropriate SQL client tools if you want to use an existing database server.
- Restore the database.
- To restore the database using 'osql' connect to the database by running the command 'osql -U sa'(If you are not running the OSQL utility on the computer that is hosting SQL, you can still run OSQL from another computer, and then use the -U command-line switch to specify the server in the connection command. For example: osql -s servername -U sa)
- Run the restore command 'RESTORE DATABASE Reporting FROM DISK = 'c:\path\to\backupfile.bak' press enter and type 'go' then enter again.
- To restore the database using SQL Management Studio connect to the database using 'sa' credentials.
- Right click on 'Databases' and select 'Tasks'.
- Select 'Restore' from tasks option.
- After successfull completion of the restore process the reporting serve can be re-installed.
- Use the appropriate SAV/SCS Cd to install back the reporting server.
- Provide correct server/Instance name and 'sa' credentials to finsih the configuration and installation.
- Configure reporting server options accordingly post successfull re-installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO32434