How do I execute a program after the installation is complete?
|Article:HOWTO3303|||||Created: 2005-09-15|||||Updated: 2008-05-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO3303|
How do I execute a program after the installation of my application is complete?
There are two different ways that this can be accomplished. One way is to call it as a custom action in the Execute Immediate sequence, after the InstallFinalize sequence. The second way is to add it as a custom action with out a sequence, and call it from the Finish push button control, on the Finished dialog.
To do it from the Execute Immediate sequence follow these steps:
- Add the Execute Program from Installed File action after InstallFinalize in Execute Immediate.
- Populate the Action with Action Name, browse to .exe to execute, and add in command lines.
- Add a condition around the action so that it only executes during install.
To do it from the finished dialog, follow these steps:
- Add the Execute Program from Installed File action and change the Installation mode to All Custom Actions.
- In the Finish dialog, double-click on the Finished button.
- Click Events.
- Add DoAction, with the argument the name of the custom action you added; set the condtion to 1.
- Click OK.
At the end of the install, when the user clicks Finish, this application will run.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO3303