What do I need to install the Web Components of Wise Package Studio?
|Article:HOWTO3712|||||Created: 2006-05-31|||||Updated: 2008-05-08|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO3712|
When I attempt to install the Web portion of the installation it is grayed out. What is missing from my computer in order to install it?
To install the Web Components of Wise Package Studio, you will need to make sure that following items are installed and enabled on the Wise Package Studio Server:
- ASP must be installed and enabled.
- ASP.NET must be installed and enabled. If IIS is installed on the computer, but ASP.NET does not seem enabled or installed, use the following command line to install ASP.NET:
<path to .NET Framework>\aspnet_regiis.exe -ir -enable
The path to .NET Framework will vary based on version of .NET Framework. For example, the path to .NET Framework 1.1.4322 is C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.
- ISAPI extensions must be enabled. To enable the ISAPI extensions on Windows 2003 server:
- Access the IIS settings through the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager in Windows 2003 Server.
- Once the console is open, expand the local computer node and highlight Web Services Extensions on the right-hand pane.
- Select to allow the extensions for Active Server Pager and All Unknown ISAPI Extensions (which are prohibited by default).
- .NET Framework 1.1 must be installed (Wise Web Capture requires this to run).
For further information as to what is required to install the Wise Package Studio, and its various tools, refer to the Wise Package Studio Getting Started Guide. The Wise Package Studio Getting Started Guide is found in article 24181.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO3712