How do I access the Symantec Protection Center?
|Article:HOWTO39469|||||Created: 2011-01-07|||||Updated: 2011-01-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO39469|
To access the Symantec Protection Center, perform the following steps.
- Open Internet Explorer and browse to https://<hostname>:9090, where <hostname> is the IP address or DNS name of the server where Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager is installed. If Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager is installed on the computer you are currently using you can also click on Start > All Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Web Access.
- Click on the link to launch Symantec Protection Center. If the Web page security certificate warning appears, click Continue to this website (not recommended) and add the self-signed certificate to Internet Explorer. This message indicates that Internet Explorer does not recognize the linked site as being secure (because the certificate is not signed by a certificate authority). Internet Explorer relies on security certificates to determine if a site is secure. For instructions on how to add the security certificate to Internet Explorer, see the Symantec Technical Support Knowledge Base article How to add the self-signed certificate for Symantec Protection Center or Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to Internet Explorer.
- When presented with the Protection Center Dashboard enter the user name and password. The default user name is admin and the default password is admin.
- When you log on for the first time with the default user name and password you will be presented with the Change Password page. Type the required information to continue.
- Document your new password and store it in a secure location. You can recover the password only if you set up another Administrator account.
Note: The direct URL to the Symantec Protection Center is https://<hostname>:8443/portal, where <hostname> is the IP address or DNS name of the server where Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager is installed.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO39469