Can Helpdesk workers be restricted to what queue or incidents that they can access?
|Article:HOWTO41798|||||Created: 2011-01-14|||||Updated: 2011-08-31|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41798|
Helpdesk workers all have the same administrative-level permissions and cannot be changed. Any worker can therefore access any incident or queue, regardless if they are assigned to them or not. There is no method to change this.
- Customize Helpdesk to hide certain areas of the Helpdesk menu. This will not block workers from still accessing incidents, but it can help mitigate what they can do in the Helpdesk console. Refer to the following article for more information:
How to hide functions in the Helpdesk Commands menu
- Use two Notification Servers and Helpdesk Solutions, which will have two different databases and two sets of Helpdesk licenses. One queue will use the first server, the second queue the other server. This completely isolates each queue's workers and incidents from each other.
- Upgrade to ServiceDesk 7.x, which includes very granular user permissions where nearly every aspect of the system can be controlled.
- Enable network credentials to be required. This can help restrict who can access Helpdesk. Refer to the following article for more information:
How to configure the Helpdesk Worker Console to require network credentials
- Disable automatic worker enrollment to prevent users from accessing Helpdesk and automatically becoming a worker. Refer to the following article for more information.
What do I need to do to disable self enrollment on Helpdesk?
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41798