HOW TO:License and Update PGP Universal 2.x
|Article:HOWTO41946|||||Created: 2006-03-14|||||Updated: 2011-06-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41946|
This article is designed to aid administrators in licensing and updating PGP Universal 2.x.
Licensing may have already been completed as part of the setup assistant. To check if your PGP Universal has already been licensed, login to the PGP Universal server, click on the System tab and then the General tab. Under System Settings make sure that license information is available. If not, proceed to the first section, which describes how to license your PGP Universal Server. Once the server has been licensed, it is possible to check for and install available updates. It is always good practice to use the latest version of PGP Universal that is available.
|Note: You cannot update your PGP Universal software unless it has been licensed.|
License your PGP Universal Server
- Login to your PGP Universal Admin Interface by opening your web browser and pointing to https://<hostname>:9000 (where host-name is the host name or IP address of your universal server). Enter the login and password specified for the administrator during the setup and click Login.
- Click the System tab and then the General tab.In the System Settings window, click on License (under PGP Universal Server).
- Enter the Licensee Name, Licensee Organization, Email and 28-digit license number. Avoid typing errors by cutting and pasting the license number).
- Click Save.
- After successful authorization, the maximum users, expiration date, licensee organization and license name will be displayed.
Update your PGP Universal Server
If your PGP Universal Server is connected to the Internet, follow these steps to execute an update. Otherwise, proceed to the next section, which describes how to do a manual update.
- Login to your PGP Universal Server.
- Click on the System tab and then Updates.
- Click Check for Updates and wait for the check to complete. This may take several minutes.
- If an update is available, it will appear in the list of updates. Click on the update and click Upload. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Manually Update your PGP Universal Server (if not connected to Internet)
If your PGP Universal Server is not connected to the Internet, follow these steps to execute an update.
- On a computer which does have internet access, download the update for the server via the Licensing Portal.
- Click the Download button by the update that you wish to download. Click Save to save it to your local hard drive. Browse to the location to save the file and click Save.
- If required, extract the contents of the update file. The update file will have a .pup extension.
- Open the PGP Universal administrative interface.
- Click the System tab and then the Updates tab.
- Click the + button beside Upload Update Package.
- Click Browse and select the .pup file you downloaded.
- Then click Open.
- Click Upload and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41946