HOW TO: Enroll your BlackBerry with PGP Universal Server
|Article:HOWTO41955|||||Created: 2006-03-14|||||Updated: 2011-02-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41955|
This article describes BlackBerry enrollment with a PGP Universal Server. This must take place in order to use the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry for encrypting, signing, decrypting and/or verifying email on your device. Similar to enrollment for PGP Universal Satellite or PGP Desktop clients, the BlackBerry must also enroll with the PGP Universal Server.
Before you may enroll your BlackBerry, the following must be completed:
- You must have already enrolled PGP Universal Satellite or PGP Desktop with the PGP Universal Server. This ensures that a key has been generated and your account already exists on the PGP Universal Server.
- You must have already completed Enterprise Activation with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The IT Policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Mobile Data Service) must have the PGP Universal Server specified.
Trigger Over the Air EnrollmentAfter the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry has been loaded on the device and it has rebooted, the user will be automatically prompted to enroll with the PGP Universal Server. If the enrollment prompt does not occur automatically, you can trigger it manually by following these steps:
- Ensure that the radio is turned on and select Options, Security Options, and PGP.
- Click the trackwheel and select Enroll with the Universal Server. If the Enroll with the Universal Server option is not available and your key is already listed beside Default Key, then enrollment has already completed.
Continue Over the Air Enrollment
- Enter or confirm the email address and click OK.
- You will be prompted with a message that the server certificate is not trusted by your handheld. Click Don't ask again to continue.
- You should now be prompted to download your keys from the PGP Universal Server. Select Yes if you wish to be able to send encrypted and signed email from your BlackBerry and decrypt incoming mail.
Create a key store password
- Once your key is downloaded, you are prompted to enter a key store password.
- Confirm your key store password.
- Click OK.
- If you manage your key on your desktop, and the PGP Universal Server only has a copy of it, you will be prompted to enter the passphrase for the private key.
- If the download was successful, a message will appear saying that your keys have been downloaded from the PGP Universal Server.
Verify your key is on the Handheld
- Select Options, Security Options, and PGP.
- Your PGP Key should be listed beside Default Key with a green checkmark indicating that it is valid.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41955