HOW TO: Enable FIPS 140-2 with PGP Desktop
|Article:HOWTO41977|||||Created: 2006-09-13|||||Updated: 2011-02-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41977|
This article describes how to enable FIPS 140-2 Operational and Integrity Checks with PGP Desktop 9.5.
How to Enable FIPS 140-2 Operational and Integrity ChecksThe FIPS 140-2 Operational and Integrity Check setting is configured in the Advanced tab of PGP Options (for Windows) or Preferences (for Macintosh). Select this option if you or your organization require FIPS 140-2 checks, but be aware that it slows down your computers performance. By default, the option is disabled.
- Click on the PGP Tray and select Options
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Check the box for FIPS 140-2 Operational and Integrity Checks:
- Reboot (This setting does not take effect until you reboot your computer).
Open PGP Desktop.
- From the PGP menu, select Preferences.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Check the box for FIPS 140-2 Operational and Integrity Checks.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41977