HOW TO: Prevent file types from being encrypted in a PGP NetShare folder
|Article:HOWTO42025|||||Created: 2009-01-15|||||Updated: 2012-02-02|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42025|
This article details how to restrict specific files or file types from being encrypted in a PGP NetShare folder.
The PGP NetShare product is a software tool that provides multiple ways to protect and share your data. You can use PGP NetShare to let authorized users share protected files in a shared space such as a file server, shared folder, or USB removable drive.
|Note: This article applies to PGP Desktop for Windows in a PGP Universal Server managed environment. PGP NetShare per-folder administration using whitelists and blacklists is available on PGP Universal Server 2.8.0 - 2.12.0.|
To prevent encryption of files in PGP NetShare folders:
- Login to the PGP Universal Server administrative interface.
- Click the Policy card, then select Internal User Policy.
- Click the desired policy from the policy list.
- Click the Edit button next to PGP Desktop Settings.
- Click the NetShare tab.
- Place a check mark next to Prevent the encryption of files in the following folders:
- Enter the folder(s) which you want to prevent files from being automatically encrypted.
- Click Save twice to update the policy setting.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42025