HOW TO: Re-enroll PGP Desktop for Windows Clients
|Article:HOWTO42029|||||Created: 2009-01-23|||||Updated: 2013-02-15|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42029|
This article describes how to re-enroll PGP Desktop for Windows clients.
For information on how to re-enroll PGP Desktop for Mac clients, please see the following document:
Enrollment is the binding of a computer with PGP client software installed to a PGP Universal Server. After a client is bound to the server, it receives feature policy information from the PGP Universal Server.
It is occasionally necessary to re-enroll a PGP Desktop Client computer. Re-enrolling a client often assists in troubleshooting when enrollment fails with an error or when users are placed in the incorrect policy. There are a few different methods to attempt this, each with their own limitations and risks. Please make sure you understand the consequences of doing each step before you attempt it.
Some of the reasons for re-enrolling a client:
- Enrollment fails
- Enrollment succeeds but there are PGP Desktop errors
- PGP Desktop settings during enrollment are incorrect
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption did not start because of policy or attribute misconfiguration
- If you are having a problem enrolling a client or if PGP Desktop is not acting as expected
To re-enroll a PGP Desktop client:
- Click the PGP Tray icon in your system tray and select Exit PGP Services.
- Navigate to %APPDATA%\PGP Corporation\PGP\ and delete the PGPPrefs.xml and PGPPolicy.xml files.
This deletes the preferences file and allows you to start with new settings.
- Restart the PGP services by clicking Start > All Programs > Startup > PGPtray.exe.
The PGP Enrollment Assistant will start up and begin the re-enrollment process.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42029