HOW TO: Restore a PGP Universal Server from a Backup
|Article:HOWTO42032|||||Created: 2009-02-06|||||Updated: 2011-02-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42032|
This article details how to restore a PGP Universal Server from a backup file.
In the event of a minor problem, you can restore the PGP Universal Server to any saved backup. In the event that a PGP Universal Server is no longer usable, you can restore its data from a backup onto a new PGP Universal Server during initial setup of the new PGP Universal Server using the Setup Assistant. All backups are encrypted to the Organization Key and can be stored securely off the PGP Universal Server.
|Caution: As all backups are encrypted with the your Organization Key, it is extremely important to back up your Organization Key. If you lose your Organization Key and have not backed it up, you cannot restore from backups encrypted to the Organization Key.|
To configure a PGP Universal Server with the data from the backup, you need to have both the appropriate backup file and the Organization Key on the setup computer. Restoring from a backup restores everything configured, including proxy and policy settings, as well as keys and user information.
|Note: Remember that you must have stored the backup in a location other than the PGP Universal Server itself, if you want to restore the data after upgrading.|
If the PGP Universal Server software you are using for your configuration restore is a different version than was used to make the backup file from which you are restoring, you might have problems performing the restore. On PGP Universal Server 2.6 and above, you can only restore backed-up data from version 2.5.3 or later.
If your server is on version prior to 2.6, you must upgrade to version 2.5.3 and then perform a backup of your server. After upgrading to version 2.5.3, you can upgrade your server and restore your data.
To restore backed-up data
- Access the Setup Assistant for the new server (https://yourservername:9000, using the hostname or IP address you assigned to the PGP Universal Server).
- On the Welcome screen, read the text, then click the Forward button. The End User License Agreement screen appears.
- Read the text, click the I Agree button at the end, then click the Forward button. The Setup Type screen appears.
- Select Restore, then click the Forward button. The Import Organization Key screen appears.
- Copy your Organization Key and paste it into the box or import a file containing the key, then click the Forward button. The Upload Current Backup File screen appears.
- Click Choose File, select the backup file from which you want to restore, then click OK.
- The Network Configuration Changed screen appears and the server restarts automatically.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42032