HOW TO: Install PGP Command Line on Mac OS X
|Article:HOWTO42038|||||Created: 2009-02-20|||||Updated: 2011-02-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42038|
This article details how to install PGP Command Line on Mac OS X systems.
Installing PGP Command Line on Mac OS X
To install PGP Command Line on a Mac OS X system:
- Close all applications.
- Download the installer application, PGPCommandLine980MacOSX.tgz, to your desktop.
- Double-click on the file PGPCommandLine980MacOSX.tgz.
- If you have Stuffit Expander, it will automatically first uncompress this file into PGPCommandLine980MacOSX.tar, and then untar it into PGPCommandLine980MacOSX.pkg.
- Double-click on the file PGPCommandLine980MacOSX.pkg.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
After you run PGP Command Line for the first time, its home directory will be created automatically in the directory $HOME/Documents/PGP. This directory may already exist if PGP Desktop for Mac OS X is already installed on the system.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42038