HOW TO: Manually re-create a PGP Messaging Service - PGP Desktop for Windows
|Article:HOWTO42057|||||Created: 2009-05-07|||||Updated: 2012-01-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42057|
This article provides step by stpe instructions how to manually re-create a PGP Messaging Service.
This article details how to manually create a PGP Messaging Service. A service is information about an email account, as well as the security policies that are to be applied to outgoing messages for that email account.
To re-create a PGP Messaging Service
- Delete the PGP Messaging service that is not working correctly by right-clicking the service in the PGP Messaging Control box and selecting Delete Service.
- Stop all PGP Desktop services and then exit PGP Desktop if it was open. To stop the services, right-click the PGP Desktop tray icon and select Exit PGP Services from the list of commands.
- Verify that you have Internet connectivity and can send and receive email with PGP Messaging services stopped.
- Open your email client and write down your email account settings (including user name, email address, incoming and outgoing mail server, incoming mail server protocol, and any non-standard mail server ports).
- Close your email client and restart PGP Desktop, which restarts PGP services. You can either restart your computer or open PGP Desktop from the Windows Start menu.
- Manually create a PGP Messaging service using the account settings you wrote down by clicking New Service under the PGP Messaging Control box.
- Open your email client and send a test message.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42057