HOW TO: Automatically Backup Your PGP Key- PGP Desktop 10 (Windows)
|Article:HOWTO42082|||||Created: 2009-08-25|||||Updated: 2012-01-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42082|
This article provides step-by-step instructions to automatically backup a PGP Key.
By default, PGP Desktop automatically creates a backup of your keyring (private and public keys) to the default keyring folder when PGP Desktop is closed. The backup files can then be used to restore your key if your keyring files are accidentally deleted or the files become corrupted.
This option is set within PGP Options and also allows you to specify a different location for the backup keyring files.
To set the keyring backup option
1. Click the PGP Tray icon then select Options.
2. Select the Keys tab.
3. In the Backup section, you can:
- Enable/disable the automatic backup of keys.
- Specify the location of your backup keyring files.
4. Click OK to apply any changes made.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42082