HOW TO: Add Multiple Keys to a PGP NetShare Folder - PGP Desktop 10
|Article:HOWTO42115|||||Created: 2009-12-14|||||Updated: 2012-01-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42115|
This article provides instructions how to add multiple user keys to a PGP NetShare folder.
PGP NetShare enables specific users to share protected files in a shared space, such as on a corporate file server, in a shared folder, or on removable media such as a USB drive. The files are protected by encryption, but continue to appear as normal application files such as Microsoft Word, HTML, Microsoft Excel, and so on.
Applications can directly read from and write to the files; the fact that the files are protected is transparent to the applications. Anyone else with access to the shared space can see the files, but they cannot read/use them.
This article details the steps to add users keys to a PGP NetShare folder.
- Open PGP Desktop then click on the PGP NetShare Control box.
- Do one of the following:
- Drag and drop a folder to the PGP Desktop window. The PGP NetShare assistant is displayed.
- Click Add Folder then click Browse to your desired folder.
|Note: You can also right-click a folder and select PGP Desktop > Add "Folder Name" to PGP NetShare.|
- On the Add Users screen, click Add. The User Selection screen is displayed.
- In the Key source box, select the user and click Add. You may search for keys the PGP Global Directory or on any of your keyrings by typing a name in the Find field.
- When the keys display in Keys to add, click OK.
|Note: The user roles for a PGP NetShare folder can be configured by right-clicking the user name on the Add Users screen. Users can be added as an User, Admin, or as a Group Admin.|
- Follow the assistant to encrypt the PGP NetShare folder.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42115