HOW TO: Import PGP Key to BlackBerry Device
|Article:HOWTO42119|||||Created: 2010-01-04|||||Updated: 2011-02-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42119|
This article details how to import a PGP Key to a BlackBerry device when not using a PGP Universal Server.
After configuring the policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and installing the PGP Support Package for BlackBerry, if you are not using a PGP Universal Server, you must manually import your PGP keypair created in PGP Desktop to your device.
To import a PGP Key to a BlackBerry device
- Open PGP Desktop and select PGP Keys.
- Click All Keys and then select your key.
- Right-click your key and select Export. The Export Key to File dialog is displayed.
- In the bottom left corner, place a checkmark next to Include Private Key(s). The key is saved as an .asc file.
- Send an email to yourself with the key (.asc) file as an attachment.
- After receiving the email on the BlackBerry device, click the attachment and when prompted select Import.
- Type the passphrase for your key and click OK.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO42119