1. Open Windows Service Manager: Click on the Start button, and Click Run..., input "services.msc", then click the Enter button to open Services.
2. Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Webserver services
3. Navigate to the license folder, by default, it is "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\license" for 32-bit and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\license" for 64-bit.
4. Move or delete the file "SNAC.xml".
5. Re-start the SEPM services.
6. Log onto the SEPM and confirm that Host Integrity is not showing under Policies.
7. Go to the Client and right click the SEP icon in the system notify area, and select "Update Policy".
8. After the policy updates (The serdef.dat file was updated on the SEP client), reboot the client operating system.
The SNAC module shouldn't be displayed on the client user interface (UI), and the SNAC service will be disabled.
If you need to re-enable SNAC in your environment, please follow above procedure and move the "SNAC.xml" back to the license folder in step 4.