Installing Task Server in IIS 7.0 or 7.5
|Article:HOWTO47804|||||Created: 2011-03-30|||||Updated: 2012-02-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO47804|
To install task server on any server operating system, it is required to have following components. If the requirements mentioned below, are not met then task server will not function correctly:
1) IIS is Required
- Select "Web Management Tools" with all sub-components (IIS 6 Management Compatibility, IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripting and Tools, IIS Management Service)
- Select "World Wide Web Services"
- Select "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0" (If the option is available)
- Make sure that ASP.NET and ASP are selected
2) Application Server is required
- Select "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5" (If the option is available)
- Select "IIS Support"
- If Site server is also going to be used as Mobile Management server, then enable "Message queuing Activation"
3) Firewall (Windows or any other third-party) needs to have provision for inbound/outbound connection allowed on Port 50120, 50121, 50123, 50124. Please note this ports are specifically used for Task server, Symantec Management Platform uses other ports as well for various purposes. For more information, please refer to product user guide.
1) Classic App Pool
Task doesn't know how to use the new methodology in IIS 7 for the Default App Pool. Therefore, you will need to direct Task Server to use the Classic App Pool. There are a number of ways to do this, but the easiest way is actually after the installation of Task on the server. Once the product is installed, go into IIS, and under Default Web Site\Altiris, select ClientTaskServer. Edit the Basic Settings and select the Classic App Pool instead of the Default App Pool.
See also HOWTO47803 "Installing Package Server in IIS 7"
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO47804