Does the Wise products upport for AMD64-bit operating systems?
|Article:HOWTO4852|||||Created: 2006-08-31|||||Updated: 2008-07-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO4852|
Do the Wise products support AMD 64-bit operating systems?
Windows Installer Editor now supports the following types of installation packages in Wise Installation Studio 7 and Wise Package Studio 7 and beyond:
- 32-bit installations that contain only 32-bit components
- 64-bit installations that contain only 64-bit components
- 64-bit installations that contain some 32-bit components
Windows Installer Editor supports both x64 (for AMD64 and Intel EM64T processors) and 64-bit Itanium platforms.
- Itanium installation will not run on an x64 platform, and vice versa.
- A 64-bit installation will not run on a 32-bit platform.
- A 32-bit installation will run on any 32-bit or 64-bit platform.
Developing 64-bit installations on a 32-bit Computer
You can develop a 64-bit installation on a 32-bit computer, with these limitations:
- On the Registry page, you cannot browse the 64-bit registry in the upper list boxes. However, you can add 64-bit registry keys in the lower list boxes, and you can import .REG files that contain 64-bit keys.
- You cannot test, run, or debug a 64-bit installation on a 32-bit computer.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO4852