Installing the Symantec Workspace Virtualization Agent
|Article:HOWTO48788|||||Created: 2011-04-07|||||Updated: 2012-05-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO48788|
By default, the Software Catalog contains a software resource for the Symantec Workspace Virtualization Agent. You can use any delivery method to deliver the agent to client computers. You are licensed to deliver the Symantec Workspace Virtualization Agent to as many nodes as you purchased for Software Management Solution.
Two entries of the latest version of the Symantec Virtualization Agent that Software Management Solution supports exist in the software catalog. One entry for 30-bit operating systems and another for 64-bit operating systems. Previous versions of the agent can also be present in the software catalog, however Symantec recommends that you always install the latest one.
To install the Symantec Workspace Virtualization Agent
- In the Symantec Management Console, on the Settings menu, click Agents/Plug-ins > All Agents/Plug-ins.
- In the left pane, expand Software > Software Management > Workspace Virtualization.
- Click Install SWV agents.
- On the Install SWV agents page, on the Software tab, choose the Advanced options. On the Results-based actions tab and in the Upon sucess drop-down list select Restart computer. Without this step installation process performs silently, and you have to manually restart the computer to finish the installation. Note that a computer restart is required before the Symantec Workspace Virtualization Agent operates properly.
- In the Applied to section, select where to install the SWV agent or you can keep the default settings.
- In the Schedule section, set the schedule for the policy or you can use the default option to run the policy as soon as possible.
- At the upper right of the page, click the colored circle, and then click On to turn on the policy.
- Click Save changes.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO48788