How to back up and restore the Deployment Server database in SQL 2000
|Article:HOWTO5117|||||Created: 2006-09-20|||||Updated: 2008-10-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO5117|
What are the steps for backing up and restoring the Deployment Server database (usually called 'eXpress') in SQL 2000?
To back up database:
- Launch SQL Enterprise Manager.
- Locate your current server and open the Database folder.
- Right-click on the database and select All Tasks > Backup Database.
- The SQL Server Backup Dialog appears. Make sure that under Backup, Database-Complete is marked.
- Under Destination, click the Add button.
- The Select Backup Destination dialog appears. In the Filename field, browse to the path where to place the backup database file.
- Click OK.
To restore database:
- Move the backup file to the new location on the new SQL server.
- Under the new server name, right-click on the Databases folder.
- Select All Tasks > Restore Database.
- The Restore Database Dialog appears. Select the database name or enter the database name that you would like to restore the backup database as in the Restore As Database field. Example: Altiris Database.
- Mark the <From Device> radio button by Restore.
- Under Parameters, click the Select Devices. The Choose Restore Devices dialog appears.
- Under Restore From, click the Add button to browse for the backup database file and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Choose Restore Devices dialog.
- Back on the Restore Database dialog, make sure that the Database-Complete option is marked.
- Click OK to close.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO5117