How to build a condition to determine if a feature will be installed
|Article:HOWTO5569|||||Created: 2006-10-25|||||Updated: 2006-10-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO5569|
How do I build a condition that will deterermine if a feature will be installed?
To build a condition that checks if a feature or component will be installed:
1. In the Condition Builder dialog box, in the Fields list, click the Feature or Component folder, depending on whether you want to check a feature or component.
2. In the Values list, click the name of the feature or component you want to check.
3. In the State list, double-click Action.
4. Click the equals (=) button.
5. In the Install/Action state list, double-click one of the following:
Absent. Double-click this if you want the condition to be true if the feature or condition will not be installed by this installation.
Advertised. Double-click this if you want to check if the feature or condition is currently installed in an advertised state.
Local. Double-click this if you want the condition to be true if the feature or condition will be installed locally by this installation.
Source. Double-click this if you want the condition to be true if the feature or condition will be installed to run from installation source by this installation.
When you are done, a condition that looks something like the following appears in the condition area of the dialog. Wise for Windows Installer inserts the appropriate Windows Installer codes based on the choices you make.
6. Click OK in the Condition Builder dialog box.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO5569