What to check when the search fails at the client side.
|Article:HOWTO56275|||||Created: 2011-07-27|||||Updated: 2011-07-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56275|
The search fails in the search application with the message “The Enterprise Vault service is not available”.
Not able to launch the search applications.
On the Indexing server check if:
1. Is the EV Indexing service is running?
2. Is the EV Indexing server accessible without network issues from the client machine?
3. Does the user have appropriate permissions on the archive on which the search was performed?
In this case, a warning is logged in the event viewer of Index server – “Search request refused because the user does not have sufficient permissions to search any folder in the archive”.
4. The Index Volume is in a ‘Failed’ status. To check the health of an archive’s index volumes,
- Launch the VAC, navigate to the Archives <ArchiveType>.
- In the right side pane, select the <UserArchive> and right click on it.
- Select the Properties option and the Archive properties dialog is displayed.
- Select Index Volu mes Tab
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56275