How to Determine and Retrieve relevant logs from Discovery Collector
|Article:HOWTO58949|||||Created: 2011-08-15|||||Updated: 2011-08-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58949|
When troubleshooting Enterprise Vault Discovery Collector (EV-DC), the Event Log found in the Web Dashboard may not be enough to troubleshoot and determine the cause of an issue.
EV-DC contains multiple log files for various components that run in the background. Here is basic information on how to retrieve relevant logs for troubleshooting.
To find relevant logs on EV-DC, perform the following steps.
1) Log into the EV-DC console as root.
2) Reproduce the error.
3) Run the following command in the console:
ls -ltr /deepfs/config/
- Note that this command will display a long output of file names arranged by the last modification date/time in descending order.
4) Use WinSCP to retrieve the pertinent log(s) that have the most recent time stamp of when the error occurred, using the time stamp of the console as a reference.
a) All logs are located in the /deepfs/config/ directory.
b) All log files are named differently, with the most common filename ending with an extension of ".out" or ".out.NUMBER".
c) The most current log with end with the ".out" extension, with the remaining logs containing historical references.
5) Refer to article HOWTO58970 in the Related Articles section below for information on how to read the logs.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58949